22 Apr, 05:16AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Chit Chat

Need Whatsapp or not?

Subscribe to Need Whatsapp or not? 141 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    5,743 posts since Jun '13
    • Do you guys think Whatsapp is good or bad? Please state your opinions on the use of it, as I need to know if I need it (as a school student)...

31,782 posts since Mar '05
    • Whatsapp is good because you can communicate with your friends anytime, anywhere.

Whatsapp is bad because you can communicate with your friends anytime, anywhere. icon_lol.gif

5,269 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by charlize:

Whatsapp is good because you can communicate with your friends anytime, anywhere.

Whatsapp is bad because you can communicate with your friends anytime, anywhere. icon_lol.gif

huhh...allow me to make some correction.

Whatsapp is good because you can communicate with your friends anytime, anywhere.

Whatsapp is bad because your friends can communicate with you anytime, anywhere. icon_lol.gif

31,272 posts since Oct '02
    7,462 posts since Aug '05
    • whatsapp is good because it's "free" now

whatsapp is bad because after you get addicted to it, you have to start paying when the free trial period is over

• but on the whole, i love whatsapp because my girlfriends use them icon_lol.gif

Edited by SevenEleven 14 Mar `14, 9:44AM
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    265,902 posts since Dec '99
    • never had to pay for WA
      (but i think those on iphone needed to)

everytime nearing expiry will auto extend another year

25,814 posts since Dec '99
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

never had to pay for WA

me neber pay before for renewal leh.

33,609 posts since May '09
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

never had to pay for WA

LOL, remember someone mention need to have a certain SingTel plan, then can get Whatsapp... My SingTel SIM card no plan, so I think I confirm cannot have Whatsapp... icon_cry.gif

• Well, I'm asking about Whatsapp, because my classmates mostly have Whatsapp. I'm one of the few people not in the class' Whatsapp group, so I cannot get class updates as quickly as those who have it... But then again, is it worth spending the money every month on that SingTel plan just to get Whatsapp? My friend said that Whatsapp was good because it's free, but he hates it now, since Facebook bought Whatsapp and he gets ads... icon_mrgreen.gif My phone is a Nokia 208 and it was said that it could even use Whatsapp, but I didn't apply for the plan, so no Whatsapp on it... icon_cry.gif

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    18 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by joligarçon:

how bout viber / line / skype?

Skype uses computer and I don't have a webcam... Haiz, don't know if I need Whatsapp or sms still better... icon_rolleyes.gif

877 posts since Nov '13
    • Whatsapp is very effective especially for discussing group work conveniently in a group…

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    68,869 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by ArJoe:

Whatsapp is very effective especially for discussing group work conveniently in a group…

I have to agree, our team uses it very effectively to keep everyone updated on a rig down situation.

9 posts since Mar '14
    • Originally posted by 23ispolo:

Do you guys think Whatsapp is good or bad? Please state your opinions on the use of it, as I need to know if I need it (as a school student)...

Whatsapp is simply a tool for you to use at your convenience. Good or bad is determined by how you are impacted by it.

Example: if you have a group assignment and everybody needs to know the details before meeting up, whatsapp is very convenient.

However if you get it simply because everyone else have it and you want to be as well, then... your call.

Example: when you have 20+ whatsapp chat groups, you will be wondering if you ever meet them face to face.

On a sidenote, I know many people walking around on the road are looking at their phongs, most likely whatsapping. It is so easy to clothesline them or towel slap their faces.

5,269 posts since Jul '04
    • Originally posted by Bontakun000:

Whatsapp is simply a tool for you to use at your convenience. Good or bad is determined by how you are impacted by it.

Example: if you have a group assignment and everybody needs to know the details before meeting up, whatsapp is very convenient.

However if you get it simply because everyone else have it and you want to be as well, then... your call.

Example: when you have 20+ whatsapp chat groups, you will be wondering if you ever meet them face to face.

On a sidenote, I know many people walking around on the road are looking at their phongs, most likely whatsapping. It is so easy to clothesline them or towel slap their faces.

低头族。

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • yday i wanna upload IG pic, as i was typing all the hashtags, i almost crashed into a gigantic ornament in middle of the shopping mall

Please Login or Signup to reply.